EASTPORT MARITIME EUROPE (BV)
Job Title: Ship Operator
Location: The Netherlands (Spijkenisse)
As ship-brokers specialising in tanker business, we invite applications for the position of:
- Monitor each vessel’s schedule at load and discharge ports with ship-owners and port agents, informing charterers accordingly.
- Relay operational messages from owners to charterers and vice-versa.
- Keep charterers and owners abreast of all requirements such as voyage orders, stowage plans, cargo quantity and cargo grades.
- Monitor and send freight and demurrage invoices promptly and follow up on payments.
- Oversee Letter of Indemnity where applicable to enable discharging of cargoes in the absence of original Bill of Lading.
- Perform data entry for shipment data upon completion of loading and discharge.
- Calculate demurrage.
- Completed education in a nautical technical field at MBO level or higher;
- Good administrative skills, and the ability to work with IT/office systems and conduct data analysis;
- Good communication ability, team spirit, accuracy, initiative and service-oriented mindset;
- A logical approach to problems and an ability to work to time limits and under pressure;
- Shipping knowledge or experience would be an advantage, but is not essential;
- You must be able to write and speak clearly in English, and preferably Dutch also.
We are looking for motivated people, who are willing to work and learn in order to pursue a successful career in the industry.
Candidates can look forward to working in a competitive yet friendly global teamwork environment with plentiful career advancement paths. Successful employees are rewarded both financially and professionally.
Applications will be handled in strict confidence. Please submit your application together with CV, before 31st July to:
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
*Acquisition is not appreciated