Claims Manager (Singapore)
The Claims Manager manages the demurrage claims team to ensure amicable settlement. He has a sound understanding of operational issues and their implications, allowing him to review, approve and handle disputes surrounding complex claims. He establishes risk management and standard operating procedures and ensures that these procedures are adhered to. He is also adept at negotiations and has excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to communicate with various stakeholders.
- Oversee the demurrage claims team
- Verify accuracy of invoices and costs calculations arising from voyage/contract execution.
- Work with charterers and operators to avoid overpayment and manage financial risks.
- Provide guidance and training to claims executives.
- Lead workflow improvements
- Oversee implementation of workflow improvements to improve efficiency.
- Assess viability of workflow improvements.
- Handle demurrage claims
- Prepare preliminary laytime calculations.
- Review demurrage claims.
- Explain clauses to customers as and when required.
- Input demurrage details into in-house system.
- Provide a summary and analysis of shipment data.
- Diploma or Degree in Maritime-related discipline.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant working experience in demurrage claims.
- 1 to 2 years of managerial or supervisory experience is preferred.
- Proficient in various charter party forms.
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly communicative and connects well to management and peers to share ideas and feedback.
- Good negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Responsible and strong team player who multi-tasks well.
Before you submit your resume and completed application form, please download a copy of our Eastport Data Protection Policy for Employees and Job Applicants here to understand how Eastport manages and protects your personal data.