Operations / Claims Executive (Dubai)
The Operations Executive monitors a ship schedule and its status before arrival at the ports, the delivery and re-delivery notices for ships and arranges for freight / hire payments. You liaise with charterers and owners and conducts negotiations with a view to addressing differences and resolving shipment issues and ensures timely payment of receivables. You will also need to provide efficient handling of demurrage claims to achieve amicable settlement.
You are detailed oriented and is expected to provide high levels of customer service to key stakeholders. You have strong organisational skills and possesses strong analytical and numerical skills, complemented with good communication skills.
- Manage post fixture operations
- Monitor ship schedules before arrival and discharge at port.
- Keep charterers and owners advised on requirements pertaining to the fixtures such as voyage order, stowage, cargo quantity and cargo grades.
- Ensure relevant documents are available at various stages of operations.
- Serve the relevant delivery and re-delivery notices for ships.
- Prepare reports on post-fixture activities.
- Send hire/freight invoices to charterers and follow up on timely receipt of payments.
- Liaise with clients on resolution processes for post-fixture issues.
- Perform processing and invoicing of hire payments, including bunker calculations, deductions and off-hire time and bunkers and other deductions.
- Handling claims, billings, and invoice processing
- Prepare preliminary laytime calculations
- Review demurrage claims
- Negotiate for settlement via emails and phone calls
- Explain clauses to customers as and when required
- Maintain complete demurrage records
- Provide a summary and analysis of shipment data
- Prepare invoices for demurrage commission
- Service client accounts
- Update clients on ship activities.
- Update customer databases.
- Lead improvements to enhance efficiency
- Propose workflow improvements to improve efficiency.
- Assist with implementation of workflow improvements to improve efficiency.
- Diploma or Degree in Maritime-related discipline
- 1 to 4 years of relevant working experience in handling tanker / chemical shipping operations and demurrage claims is preferred
- Experience in demurrage claims is an advantageous (without prior experience will also be considered as training can be provided)
- Meticulous yet a fast worker who meets deadlines
- Proactive and performs duties with little or no supervision
- Willing to work irregular hours as and when required
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly communicative and connects well to management and peers to share ideas and feedback.
- Neat and organized and follows procedures well
- Good negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Responsible and strong team player who multi-tasks well.
Before you submit your resume and completed application form, please download a copy of our Eastport Data Protection Policy for Job Applicants here to understand how Eastport manages and protects your personal data.