Operations Executive (Singapore)
The Operations Executive monitors a ship schedule and its status before arrival at the ports, the delivery and re-delivery notices for ships and arranges for freight / hire payments. He liaises with charterers and owners, and conducts negotiations with a view to addressing differences and resolving shipment issues, and ensures timely payment of receivables.
He is detailed oriented and is expected to provide high levels of customer service to key stakeholders. He has strong organisational skills and possesses strong analytical and numerical skills, complemented with good communication skills.
- Manage post fixture operations
- Monitor ship schedules before arrival and discharge at port
- Keep charterers and owners advised on requirements pertaining to the fixtures such as voyage order, stowage, cargo quantity and cargo grades
- Ensure relevant documents are available at various stages of operations
- Serve the relevant delivery and re-delivery notices for ships
- Prepare reports on post-fixture activities
- Send hire/freight invoices to charterers and follow up on timely receipt of payments
- Liaise with clients on resolution processes for post-fixture issues
- Perform processing and invoicing of hire payments, including bunker calculations, deductions and off-hire time and bunkers and other deductions
- Oversee claims, billings and invoice processing
- Assist in negotiation of laytime disputes
- Handle laytime calculations
- Service client accounts
- Update clients on ship activities
- Update customer databases
- Lead improvements to enhance efficiency
- Propose workflow improvements to improve efficiency
- Assist with implementation of workflow improvements to improve efficiency
- Diploma or Degree in Maritime-related discipline.
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience in tanker shipping operations.
- Contactable after office hours and willing to work irregular hours.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle ad-hoc requirements.
Before you submit your resume and completed application form, please download a copy of our Eastport Data Protection Policy for Employees and Job Applicants here to understand how Eastport manages and protects your personal data.